A Research Associate position is available in the Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering to support a research program aiming at using methods from synthetic biology to rationally optimize protein expression and biomanufacturing processes.
We are seeking an exceptional individual with a degree in biochemistry, biomedical engineering, or related field to fill a Research Associate position. The responsibilities associated with this position include laboratory management and research in synthetic biology.
This position is located at Colorado State University in Fort Collins, CO.
The position can either be full time or part-time depending on the preferences of the suitable candidates.
The successful candidate must be eligible to work in the United States by proposed start date. Colorado State University will not provide visa sponsorship for this position.
- College degree in cell and molecular biology, microbiology, biochemistry, chemical engineering, biomedical engineering, or other related fields.
- Applicant must have demonstrated proficiency with molecular biology techniques such as DNA purification, sequence library preparation, cloning, and DNA fragment assembly methods.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Graduate degree in cell and molecular biology, microbiology, biochemistry, chemical engineering, biomedical engineering, or other related fields.
- Applicant much have experience the culture and transfection of mammalian cell lines such as HEK293, CHO, Helo, Vero cells.
- Experience using a Laboratory Information Management System.
- Experience with automated instruments used in high-throughput genetic workflows.
- Experience with flow cytometry and fluorescence microscopy
- Proficient in writing, implementing, and execution of Standard Operating Procedures.
Essential Job Duties
Laboratory Management (50%)
- Purchase equipment, materials, and supplies needed for laboratory operations according to CSU procurement policies
- Responsible for receiving materials, supplies, and equipment.
- Ensure that the laboratory complies with institutional health and safety policies.
- Ensure that laboratory personnel complies with existing standard operating procedures
- Participate in or lead the development of new standard operating policies
- Train new laboratory personnel in laboratory safety and technique.
- Supervise research assistant.
- Designing, evaluate, and qualify new experimental protocols
- Improve existing protocols
- Keep laboratory notebook and other research records
- Perform experiments under guidance of Principal Investigator
- Participate in the analysis of experimental data
- Develop figures and contribute to the writing of scientific articles as appropriate